A Glimpse of Lima
A GLIMPSE OF LIMA
From the prehispanic to the modern and cosmopolitan aspects of Lima, Peru’s Capital City. On the way to the Larco Museum you will observe a “huaca” in the middle of the modern city. Your first visit is the Larco Museum featuring the finest gold and silver collection from Ancient Peru and the famous “erotic” archaeological collection. You will be able to try a dessert based with an endemic Peruvian fruit “lucuma” at the Cafe del Museo. Finally, arrive to the Downtown Lima, historic site per UNESCO, where you will appreciate its impressive monuments and imposing architecture from the colonial times. You will visit Convento de Santo Domingo (circa 16th century), one of the best preserved monasteries in whole of Lima where you will be able to see the old Lima from its tower. Observe the change of guards at around midday.
- Observe a Pre-Colombian archaeological site called “huaca” in the middle of the residential area.
- Visit the Larco Museum, the best Precolombian art private collection in Peru.
- Try mousse made of “lucuma”, a Peruvian endemic fruite at the Cafe del Museo.
- Visit Convent of Santo Domingo, one of the best preserved from the colonial times and climb its tower, to have a great view of the city.
- Observe the Change of Guards in front of the Government Palace.
Departure Days: Daily
Duration: 4hs & 1/2
Departure Hours: 08:30hs and 13:00hs